Los Angeles Truck Accident Lawyer
Collisions involving 18-wheeler trucks can leave you with devastating injuries and damages. File an injury claim against those responsible for the wreck, with help from a Los Angeles semi-truck crash attorney.
Many tractor-trailer collisions occur in Los Angeles each year, and when the trucker or trucking company was responsible for the crash, you can file a claim against them. Trucking companies and truckers can be negligent by failing to adhere to the guidelines demanded of those in the trucking industry.
When you’ve been in a wreck caused by another’s negligence, you can be the one left with serious injuries and substantial losses.
The job your Los Angeles truck accident lawyer has is to see that you are fully compensated for a trucking collision you didn’t cause. We will do everything possible to see that you receive justice and a fair settlement for your Los Angeles claim.
Understanding California’s Negligence Laws
Because of California’s negligence laws, you can receive a settlement for your injuries. First, you must prove the other party caused your accident because they failed to take the proper care.
For instance, when a trucker drove beyond the allotted amount of time for the day, that could be considered negligence if they caused a crash because they were tired.
You have a legal right to demand civil justice for your injuries and damages. California law demands that those responsible for your injuries make you whole again through monetary compensation.
Who Could Be Liable for Your LA Big Rig Crash
How do you figure out who was to blame for your truck accident so that you can file a claim against them? The first step is to investigate the accident. One of your LA semi-truck crash lawyer’s duties is to help you figure out what caused the crash, and from there determine liability.
There are many different factors that can cause a trucking collision, and putting together the available evidence is imperative to winning your injury case in LA. The evidence will point to the cause and to liability. Evidence such as witness statements, trucking logs, crash scene evidence, and photos and video of the crash scene are often used to determine what happened.
Listed below are some of the common reasons for tractor-trailer collisions in LA.
- Drowsy driving
- Hazardous roadways
- Loading errors
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Faulty truck parts
- Speeding and reckless driving
Common Injuries and How They May Impact Your Claim’s Value
Any kind of vehicle collision can cause serious injuries; however, truck crashes are known to regularly cause severe injuries that could impact the rest of your life. The injuries you sustain in your Los Angeles truck crash will affect how much compensation you’ll receive.
For example, when you’ve sustained an amputation because of your wreck, you will be looking at tremendous life changes. You might be in great pain, you could lose your ability to work, and you could suffer emotionally due to your injury.
No matter what type of injury you sustained in your crash, big or small, you deserve to receive compensation to pay for your experience. The following are some common injuries that occur in semi-truck crashes that often lead to large settlement amounts:
- Broken Bones – Broken bone injuries can be very serious injuries that could impact your mobility for life. Your injury may never heal properly, leading to chronic pain and limited range of motion.
- Severe Burns – Burn injuries are often thought of as surface wounds, but they can go very deep into muscle and other tissue, negatively impacting your range of motion and causing substantial pain.
- Organ Damage – Damage to vital organs is obviously detrimental to your health. You must be fully compensated for this injury, as your health may never be the same again.
- Head Injuries – Injury to the brain can change you forever, causing your very personality to be altered. Brain damage affects almost everything about who you are, including your mood, mobility, memory, cognition, and more.
- Loss of Limb – The loss of a limb is a debilitating injury that could mean substantial life changes for you and your family. When someone else caused you to suffer this type of loss, you deserve full compensation.
- Spinal Damage – Damage to the spinal column can be catastrophic, leading to partial or total paralysis. You will need the money from your LA injury claim to provide for a future that now includes a serious spinal injury.
The Trucker’s Insurance Company Can Be Difficult to Deal With
Submitting a claim against a negligent party means you’ll be dealing with that party’s insurance company. When a trucker or trucking company was to blame for the truck accident, you will likely be dealing with the trucker’s insurance company.
They aren’t always easy to deal with, because they don’t like paying out on large claims, no matter how deserving the accident victims are. They often work diligently to minimize a claim’s worth, and they might even try to avoid paying out on your claim altogether.
They have a variety of tactics they sometimes use to lower your claim’s value, such as:
- Placing blame for the truck accident on you
- Trying to get you to accept a settlement that doesn’t meet your needs
- Recording your statements to use them against you
- Denying your injuries or denying part of your injury claim
- Threatening to take you to court
All of these tactics are meant to keep money in the insurer’s pocket, rather than where it belongs—in yours. Speaking with the insurance company on your own can harm your case, so it’s often a good idea to have your LA trucking collision lawyer talk with the insurance company on your behalf.
The Settlement You Deserve for Your Los Angeles Tractor-Trailer Claim
When you’ve been hurt in a semi-truck crash in Los Angeles, you are bound to have extensive losses. You could have financial losses, such as property damage and medical expenses. You could also have nonfinancial losses, such as physical pain from your injuries.
Filing and winning an injury claim can mean compensation for all your losses. Depending on the seriousness of your injuries, your damages could be large. You might even be unable to return to work for a time, or even forever.
Your Los Angeles big rig wreck lawyer will do everything possible to see that you are compensated for a truck wreck you didn’t cause.
The following are some damages that are common in injury claims involving commercial trucking vehicles:
- Truck accident–related medical care costs, such as co-pays, hospital bills, physical therapy, and medications
- Future medical care costs
- Lost wages and loss of earning potential
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and costs of mental health treatment
- Lost life enjoyment
- Permanent disability
- Property loss
- Wrongful death
Partner with an 18-Wheeler Crash Lawyer in Los Angeles, California
Your injuries are likely severe if you were in an LA accident involving a big rig. The at-fault party can be held responsible by filing and winning an injury claim against them. However, insurance companies don’t just want to hand over their money, so make sure you have some help with your claim.
A Los Angeles truck accident lawyer at our firm will investigate your accident, gather evidence needed to prove your case, assist with claim paperwork, and negotiate with the insurance companies. Receive a free case assessment when you call Custodio & Dubey, LLP at 213-593-9095. You can also send in the form down below.
Description: They have helped me with so many cases, all with satisfying results. I am glad that we found these great Lawyers who are very knowledgeable at their job, they are honest and straightforward about everything, including fees and how your case is going. No regrets and will come back again, I would highly recommend this law firm.
Rating: 5 out of 5