Los Angeles buses provide vital transportation for kids heading to school, commuters going to work, and residents heading to shopping areas. Tourists use buses to reach the city’s famous destination spots. Unfortunately, though, there are times when a routine bus ride ends in a serious accident.
If you have been hurt in a bus accident in L.A., you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other losses. For over 40 years, the attorneys of Custodio & Dubey LLP have been helping injured accident victims like you recover full compensation after serious crashes. Our firm is focused on making the recovery process as easy as possible for our clients. When you select us to handle your bus accident claim, the only thing you need to do is focus on your health. We do the rest.
Contact a Los Angeles bus accident lawyer today at Custodio & Dubey LLP. We will review your case in a free consultation. And you do not owe us any fees unless and until we secure compensation on your behalf.
What Could Have Caused Your Bus Collision in L.A.?
Buses can crash for many different reasons. The causes of some bus accidents can be complex. Your Los Angeles bus crash lawyer will need to investigate the accident thoroughly to figure out the cause. Learning the cause is important because you will learn who is liable for the accident.
For instance, if a faulty bus part caused the collision, a negligent manufacturer could be to blame for the accident and your injuries. Your lawyer will gather evidence that proves the cause and establishes liability. You will then be able to submit an injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company and receive compensation to pay for your losses.
The causes of bus collisions in the L.A. area include:
- Faulty bus parts
- Dangerous road conditions and intersections
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding
- Unsafe turns, including failing to signal, failing to check mirrors, or turning wide left before right turns
How Bus Accident Claims Are Different from Other Crashes
Bus accidents tend to be more complicated from other kinds of motor vehicle accidents for these reasons:
- More potentially liable parties. Bus accidents can have one or more parties that may share liability. Those liable parties could include the bus driver, the bus company, mechanics who work on the bus, and the bus’s manufacturer or manufacturers of parts used in the bus.
- More evidence involved. Commercial transportation such as buses are regulated at the state and federal level. As a result, the bus industry generates documentation that must be reviewed following a bus accident. This evidence may include the bus driver’s hours-of-service logs (which can indicate whether the driver may have been overworked and fatigued at the time of the accident), the driver’s toxicology report (if one is performed), and the bus’s maintenance records (which may show improperly deferred maintenance).
- More injured people. A Metro bus accident can result in serious injuries to numerous people. People who are hit by the bus tend to suffer significant injuries. The passengers on the bus can also suffer injuries. On L.A. Metro buses, passengers often stand while riding, and they can be seriously injured in a collision.