Los Angeles Bus Accident Lawyer
Los Angeles buses provide vital transportation for kids heading to school, commuters going to work, and residents heading to shopping areas. Tourists use buses to reach the city’s famous destination spots. Unfortunately, though, there are times when a routine bus ride ends in a serious accident.
If you have been hurt in a bus accident in L.A., you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other losses. For over 50 years, the attorneys of Custodio & Dubey LLP have been helping injured accident victims like you recover full compensation after serious crashes. Our firm is focused on making the recovery process as easy as possible for our clients. When you select us to handle your bus accident claim, the only thing you need to do is focus on your health. We do the rest.
Contact a Los Angeles bus accident lawyer today at Custodio & Dubey LLP. We will review your case in a free consultation. And you do not owe us any fees unless and until we secure compensation on your behalf.
What Could Have Caused Your Bus Collision in L.A.?
Buses can crash for many different reasons. The causes of some bus accidents can be complex. Your Los Angeles bus crash lawyer will need to investigate the accident thoroughly to figure out the cause. Learning the cause is important because you will learn who is liable for the accident.
For instance, if a faulty bus part caused the collision, a negligent manufacturer could be to blame for the accident and your injuries. Your lawyer will gather evidence that proves the cause and establishes liability. You will then be able to submit an injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company and receive compensation to pay for your losses.
The causes of bus collisions in the L.A. area include:
- Faulty bus parts
- Dangerous road conditions and intersections
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding
- Unsafe turns, including failing to signal, failing to check mirrors, or turning wide left before right turns
How Bus Accident Claims Are Different from Other Crashes
Bus accidents tend to be more complicated from other kinds of motor vehicle accidents for these reasons:
- More potentially liable parties. Bus accidents can have one or more parties that may share liability. Those liable parties could include the bus driver, the bus company, mechanics who work on the bus, and the bus’s manufacturer or manufacturers of parts used in the bus.
- More evidence involved. Commercial transportation such as buses are regulated at the state and federal level. As a result, the bus industry generates documentation that must be reviewed following a bus accident. This evidence may include the bus driver’s hours-of-service logs (which can indicate whether the driver may have been overworked and fatigued at the time of the accident), the driver’s toxicology report (if one is performed), and the bus’s maintenance records (which may show improperly deferred maintenance).
- More injured people. A Metro bus accident can result in serious injuries to numerous people. People who are hit by the bus tend to suffer significant injuries. The passengers on the bus can also suffer injuries. On L.A. Metro buses, passengers often stand while riding, and they can be seriously injured in a collision.
Demanding Full Compensation for Your Bus Accident Injuries
When you have been injured in a bus accident in L.A., you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. Our Los Angeles bus accident lawyers can help you seek full compensation for these damages:
- Medical expenses, including hospital bills, surgeries, and medical equipment
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life
- Physical and occupational rehabilitation
- Lost wages and earning potential
- Emotional distress
Let an experienced bus accident lawyer in Los Angeles review your case for free. A lawyer can help you understand what kinds of compensation you may deserve.
Time Limit for Filing a Bus Accident Injury Claim
Under the statute of limitations in California, you generally have two years from the date of your bus accident to file a lawsuit. Exceptions exist for certain classes of injured accident victims, such as minors.
In addition, if your bus accident involves the L.A. Metro or another government or public agency, you must provide the government with notice of your claim before you can file a bus accident lawsuit. The law requires you to give notice within six months of your accident, and you may not file your suit until the government or public agency denies your claim or 45 days have passed.
If you file an untimely notice of your lawsuit, your claim will likely be denied.
Common Types of Bus Accidents
Our experienced bus accident lawyers handle a wide variety of claims involving:
- A. Metro buses
- School buses
- Intercity buses
- Airport shuttles
- Hotel shuttles
- Corporate shuttles
- Campus shuttles
- Party buses
- City tour buses and trolleys
How Our Los Angeles Bus Accident Attorney Can Help You
Have you been injured in a bus accident in Los Angeles? Let a Los Angeles Metro accident lawyer at Custodio & Dubey LLP advocate for you. We can help you by:
- Thoroughly investigating the circumstances of your accident. This may include securing and reviewing evidence such as police accident reports, bus company incident reports, bus camera footage, eyewitness statements, accident scene photos, bus driver logs and driving records, and bus maintenance records.
- Ensure you get timely and quality medical care.
- Working with accident reconstruction experts to persuasively explain how your accident occurred and who was at fault.
- Filing your claim with the appropriate at-fault parties and their insurers and communicating with insurance adjusters and defense lawyers on your behalf.
- Aggressively negotiating for a settlement that provides you with fair and full compensation. When that is not possible, we will be ready to take your case to court.
Schedule a free initial consultation now with a Los Angeles bus accident lawyer from Custodio & Dubey LLP. We do not charge any fees upfront to start work on your case. In fact, you only pay us if we recover money for you.
We invite you to call us today to arrange a free consultation at (888) 200-9431.