Many people think of slip and fall accidents as resulting in little more than a few bumps, a few bruises, and a little embarrassment. The truth is that slip and fall accidents can cause serious injuries and, in some cases, life-altering injuries. The injured person may require surgery, physical therapy, and ongoing treatment. The victim may be unable to work. A slip and fall injury can even leave a person with lifelong physical pain that prevents the return to normal daily activities.
When you are hurt in a fall on someone else’s property due to a hazardous condition, you can demand compensation for all the ways your injury affects your life. The slip and fall lawyers in Los Angeles of Custodio & Dubey LLP can help. With over 40 years of legal experience, our team has the skills and the resources to take on deep-pocketed property owners and insurance companies. We do all the legal legwork so you can focus your time and energy on your recovery.
Talk to a Los Angeles slip and fall attorney today for free. Contact Custodio & Dubey LLP to learn how we can help you demand the full financial compensation you need to heal.
Do You Have a Slip and Fall Claim?
Not every fall warrants a legal claim against the property or business owner. To succeed with a slip and fall claim, you must show the property or business owner either did not make reasonable efforts to keep the premises free of dangerous conditions or warn you of any known hazards. You then need to show that as a result of that breach, you were injured.
Suppose a store owner learns that the front stairs to his store have become slippery because of a leaking water pipe. He has a duty to fix the leak or warn customers about the hazard. However, he does nothing. As a result, you slip and fall on those stairs and are seriously injured. Under those facts, you would probably have a valid slip and fall claim.
Who May Be to Blame for Your Slip and Fall Accident?
When you are injured on another person’s property, the property owner or manager is usually the one who is liable. Slip and fall cases are also known “premise liability” cases. Liable parties in premises liability claims may include:
- Business owners
- Store owners
- The government
- Construction companies
- Third-party vendors
- Apartment complex owners
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Los Angeles Can Help
After a slip and fall accident, the Los Angeles personal injury attorneys at Custodio & Dubey LLP can help you understand your legal rights. You can trust our respected team of slip and fall lawyers to:
- Thoroughly investigate and review the facts and circumstances of your accident. Our attorneys can collect evidence such as the accident or incident reports prepared after your fall, surveillance video footage, and accident scene photos. We will also interview any witnesses who saw your fall.
- Provide you with top notch medical providers to treat your injuries.
- Work with accident reconstruction experts who can help us persuasively explain how your accident occurred and how the negligence of the property or business owner led to your fall.
- Document your damages, including medical expenses and lost wages, as well as future anticipated losses.
- Build an effective case for compensation for loss of quality of life or pain and suffering.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies to try to reach a settlement that provides you with fair and full compensation.
- Prepare for your case to go to court, if necessary, and vigorously advocate to secure a judgment in your favor.
Our legal team is always available to answer your questions and keep you updated on the status of your case. Our attorneys are also bilingual so we can properly serve the Spanish-speaking members of our community.
We recognize that an accident can put a serious financial strain on you and your family. If you choose us to represent you in your slip and fall case, we do not charge any fees upfront. In fact, you owe us no fees unless and until we recover compensation for you.