Vehicle accidents are traumatizing events often made more traumatizing by the aftermath. You are likely dealing with painful injuries, limited mobility, lost income, and other negative crash-related issues. On top of all your suffering, you now have to figure out how to file a claim or lawsuit against the person responsible for your injuries.

A lot of people never even file injury claims because they don’t want to deal with the hassle. You are probably also worried about how long the process will take and have a slew of other questions about the personal injury process. You may also be asking yourself: Do I have to go to court for a personal injury claim in California?

Going to Court for a California Injury Claim Is Unlikely

The thought of going to court and fighting for compensation is often paralyzing for some. You are dealing with so much that you don’t have it in you to deal with a court process. The good news is that most personal injury claims never go to court. It’s possible to work out a fair settlement through insurance negotiations.

That being said, insurance claims can be challenging in their own right. That process may be overwhelming for an accident victim as well.

Why Work with an Injury Lawyer?

Partnering with an injury lawyer is a good idea because your attorney can handle the claims process for you. Whether a settlement can be reached or your case goes to trial, your attorney can be there to handle the challenging process for you. You’ll be able to worry about getting healthy, and your attorney will worry about getting you paid.

Connect with a Personal Injury Lawyer in California

Back to your question: Do I have to go to court for a personal injury claim in California? Most likely you won’t be required to go to court. If it is necessary to take your case to court, your California accident attorney will be there to battle in the courtroom on your behalf.

Contact Custodio & Dubey LLP by using the online form below or calling 213-593-9095. We offer a free case assessment when you make the choice to contact our law firm.