When a Lyft driver causes an accident, those who are hurt in the crash deserve to be compensated for their injuries and damages. However, pursuing compensation in a Lyft accident can be complicated. You need an experienced Lyft accident lawyer in Los Angeles who has successfully handled these types of cases before.
The Los Angeles Lyft accident lawyers of Custodio & Dubey LLP are here to help. With 40 years of experience in personal injury law, our skilled team has handled a range of rideshare accident claims. Let us demand full and fair compensation for you.
Contact a Lyft accident lawyer in Los Angeles, CA today for a free case evaluation. When you choose us to help with your Lyft accident case, you will not owe us any fees unless we recover compensation for you.
How Does an Insurance Claim Work in Lyft Accidents?
When an accident is caused by a Lyft driver who is on duty and logged into Lyft’s app, Lyft provides insurance coverage to people who are injured or suffer property damage. The amount of coverage offered by Lyft depends on the circumstances at the time of the accident.
- If the Lyft driver is logged into the mobile app and waiting for a ride request, Lyft provides $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident in bodily injury liability coverage. The company also provides $30,000 per incident in property damage liability coverage.
- Once the Lyft driver is matched with a passenger and is driving to pick up that person, Lyft’s insurance coverage increases to $1 million.
- If the Lyft driver has a passenger in the vehicle, the company provides $1 million in commercial insurance and $1 million in uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage. The UM/UIM coverage can be paid out to a passenger injured in a Lyft accident that was caused by another motorist who lacks sufficient insurance coverage for the passenger’s damages.
- When the Lyft driver is not logged onto the app, Lyft provides no coverage. The Lyft driver’s own insurance policy must cover any damages in an accident.
Demanding Fair Compensation After a Lyft Accident
When you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you deserve compensation to cover your damages. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be entitled to payment for:
- Past and future medical expenses, including hospital bills, emergency services, medications, and rehabilitation therapy
- Lost wages and lost earning potential
- Mental distress
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injuries
Pursuing compensation in a Lyft car accident can be complicated. The compensation that is available can vary depending on the circumstances of the crash. An experienced car accident attorney from Custodio & Dubey LLP will fight for full compensation to cover all your losses.