A traumatic brain injury can permanently change your life and leave you with lasting physical and psychological challenges. If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury due to someone else’s negligent, reckless, or intentional conduct, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
For more than 40 years, the Los Angeles brain injury lawyers at Custodio & Dubey LLP have been helping accident victims like you recover the compensation they need to heal. We know how difficult it is to recover from a significant brain injury. We work tirelessly to demand the full financial resources you need to move forward with your life.
Contact a brain injury lawyer in Los Angeles today for a free case review. At Custodio & Dubey LLP, our legal staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When you choose our firm, you owe no fees unless and until we recover compensation on your behalf.
When Can You File a Personal Injury Claim After a Traumatic Brain Injury?
Not every traumatic brain injury will result in a personal injury claim. Sometimes traumatic brain injuries arise from accidents where no one was at fault. Some brain injuries are an accepted risk of our activities – for example, our participation in a contact sport such as football. A traumatic brain injury can lead to a successful personal injury claim when the injury is caused by somebody else’s willful, reckless, or negligent actions.
- Willful conduct. A person intentionally causes a brain injury by assaulting someone.
- Recklessness. A person acts recklessly when consciously disregarding a substantial risk that his or her actions may cause a traumatic brain injury.
- Negligence. A person acts negligently when he or she owes a duty of care to someone but breaches that duty, and that breach causes the victim to suffer a traumatic brain injury. Most car accidents result when the other driver acts negligently.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
The common types of brain injury claims that our firm handles are the result of:
Compensation for a Traumatic Brain Injury
Through a personal injury claim, you can pursue compensation for your financial losses, such as medical care costs. You can also be paid for your nonfinancial losses, such as the various life changes caused by your injury. Overall, a settlement or award is about obtaining justice for you. Part of obtaining justice is securing the compensation you need for your future.
Your Los Angeles brain injury lawyer will work hard to secure the following types of damages on your behalf:
- Medical treatment costs and future treatment costs, including hospital bills, surgeries, medications, and physical, occupational, psychological or speech therapy
- Caregiving assistance cost
- Lost wages and lost future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Lost life enjoyment
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Permanent disability