Van Nuys Personal Injury Lawyer
The community of Van Nuys is situated in the City of Los Angeles’ San Fernando Valley region. Founded in 1911 and later annexed by the city in 1915, the town was named for one of its developers, Isaac Newton Van Nuys.
Bordered by the communities of North Hills, Valley Glen, Panorama City and Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys is home to roughly 103,700 residents, many who utilize alternate means of transportation, including cycling around the community. However, there are certain risks to cyclists navigating urban areas, such as the risk for injury-causing accidents.
The increased demand for alternate transit, paired with a new wave of urbanization, have impacted metros across the country, especially the greater Los Angeles area. Given the fact that Southern California is known for its fair weather climate, it’s no wonder that it’s become the perfect locale for cycling enthusiasts.
Although traffic laws can change on a state-by-state basis, almost every Vehicle Code in the country agrees that bicyclists must obey the same laws and responsibilities as those operating motor vehicles. Despite this fact, many motorists tend to underestimate just how vulnerable cyclists are on the roadway.
In fact, many cyclists will attest to the fact that drivers fail to respect the rights of those utilizing bicycles, including:
- Not paying attention to the surrounding environment
- Do not look for cyclists entering or sharing the road
How Do Bicycle Accidents Occur?
It’s important to note, however, that incidents with motor vehicles only account for a third of all bicycle accidents. The vast majority of incidents occur in dedicated bike lanes, crosswalks or in situations where the cyclist is obeying the rules of the road.
When these types of collisions to occur they tend to be severe, if not deadly, due in large part to the fact that cyclists are so exposed to impact and the elements.
In cases involving motor vehicles, the driver of the vehicle, more often than not, will be considered at fault for the accident.
Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles
If you have suffered personal injury as a result of a bicycle accident, it’s important that you enlist the guidance of a qualified attorney as soon as possible.
That’s where the attorneys at Custodio & Dubey, LLP come in. Our legal team is comprised of only the finest personal injury attorneys who can examine your case and determine the best possible legal strategy. Our firm has a great deal of experience when it comes to personal injury matters and our attorneys are committed to advocating on your behalf, from the first meeting to your case’s final resolution.
To get started, we invite you to call our law office today at (213) 785-2909 to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Directions to our Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney from Van Nuys, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Van Nuys, CA
Distance: 17.2 mi
Time: 24 min
- Get on CA-170 S/Hollywood Fwy from Victory Blvd
- Head east on Haynes St toward Vesper Ave
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Vesper Ave
- Turn left onto Victory Blvd
- Turn right to merge onto CA-170 S/Hollywood Fwy toward Los Angeles
- Follow CA-170 S/Hollywood Fwy and US-101 S. Take the Interstate 110 S exit from CA-110
- Merge onto CA-170 S/Hollywood Fwy
- Merge onto US-101 S/Hollywood Fwy
- Use the 2nd from the right lane to take exit 3B for I-110 S/Harbor Fwy toward San Pedro
- Use the 2nd from the right lane to merge onto CA-110
- Use the 2nd from the right lane to take the Interstate 110 S exit toward 6th St/Wilshire Blvd/4th St/3rd St
- Use the 2nd from the right lane to follow signs for CA-110 S/Harbor Fwy
- Keep right to continue on Exit 23B, follow signs for Downtown/4th St and merge onto W 4th St
- Continue on W 4th St. Drive to Hill St
- Merge onto W 4th St
- Keep right to stay on W 4th St
- Turn right onto Hill St
- Destination will be on the left
We are located at:
CUSTODIO & DUBEY, LLP
448 S. HILL STREET SUITE 612
LOS ANGELES, CA 90013